What is PM Modi’s ‘Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission’? how to enroll for it
Delhi – On Monday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the “Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission” virtually. Under the mission, the government will provide digital Health ID cards to all citizens, rich or poor. Almost after one year of announcement, it was carried out on a pilot basis in six Union Territories.
3 yrs prior, on Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya’s birth anniversary, “Ayushman Bharat Yojana” was executed. PM Modi said, “Today, we start a Mission that can bring a progressive change in India’s healthcare sector. I’m glad that Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission begins cross country from 27 September.”
While announcing the scheme on 27 September, Prime Minister Modi said, “It’s an important day as we bolster the health facilities of our nation, over the most recent seven years, is entering another new phase today.
This is certainly not a typical phase, but an exceptional phase”. It will help coordinate hospitals, doctors, paramedical staff, and medical stores into one system where the patients will obtain the best facilities for themselves and their families under the new scheme, PM added.
What is National Digital Health Mission (NDHM)?
- Under the scheme, each Indian will receive a unique 14-digit health ID number, which will carry all health records of each individual.
- The Health ID will keep your health data safer and more secure for you and your family.
- The Health ID will have details of every test, every disease and visits to the doctor alongside reports of all diagnostic tests and medical prescriptions. Each time an individual visits a physician or a drug store, all the details will be added to the Health ID card.
How to enroll or apply for Health ID?
- You can obtain a Health ID via self-registration on the NDHM website or by downloading the official app from the Google Play store. You can enlist yourself by filling in simple details.
- Private and Public hospitals, health and wellness centres, community health centres across India can likewise assist you in making the Health ID.
- You can make the Health ID card with the help of an Aadhaar number or mobile number followed by self-declared information.
- Aadhaar number is optional; you may utilize your Mobile Number as well for Health ID registration.
- There is no requirement for any hard copy document submission. The enrolment for Health ID is paperless and effortless. It takes under 10 minutes to fill in your details and verifying mobile number or Adhaar number.