SACHIN TENDULKAR: One hundred facts
Last updated on February 9th, 2023 at 01:34 pm
Sachin Tendulkar turned 47 on April 24,2020 and without doubt he owns the name that was chanted among the billions in India during his time in Cricket. People usually address him as ‘God of cricket’ and he’s not less than to it in any sort. With two decades in cricket, Sachin Tendulkar was the Indian cricketter who have gained fans all around the world and loved the most.
Sachin Tendulkar ruled the 22-yard cricket pitch for glorious 24 years since his debut match with India’s biggest cricket rival Pakistan in 1989. Sachin Tendulkar holds a tonne of records that were both created and broke by him in two decades. On November 16,2013 the ‘Master Blaster’ announced his retirement from the International cricket, the day when his fans all-over the world broke into tears literally.
Read the best 100 facts you need to know about Sachin Tendulkar here,
- Sachin Tendulkar was born in 24 April 1973 at Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay.
- Sachin born into a normal middle class family; his father Ramesh Tendulkar was a well-known Marathi novelist,poet and Rajni, Sachin’s mother worked for an insurance industry.
- Sachin Tendulkar got his name after ace Indian music director Sachin Dev Burman, who was Ramesh Tendulkar’s favourite musician.
- Sachin Tendulkar has three elder siblings, two half-brothers Nitin and Ajit and one half-sister Savita.
- Sachin Tendulkar loved Tennis at his early age and still now and happens to be great fan of American John Patrick McEnroe.
- Sachin Tendulkar Sachin was introduced to Cricket by his elder brother Ajit and trained under Ramakant Achrekar at Shivaji Park in Dadar, who used to offer him a coin for every time he wasn’t dismissed.
- Sachin Tendulkar have those 13 coins gave to him by Ramakant Achrekar and values them as his treasure.
- Sachin Tendulkar who reached the greater heights in cricket is 5′ 5″ actually.
- Sachin, the ‘Master Blaster’ intially imagined himself as fast bowler and went to the MRF Pace Academy for coaching at the age of 14.
- Looking at Sachin’s bowling skills, Dennis Lillee-Australian coach at MRF Pace Academy asked him to concentrate in batting.
- Can you imagine Sachin Tendulkar as a ball boy? Yes, he served twice as a ball boy for the match between India and Zimbabwe at the Wankhede Stadium.
- And another time in amatch between India vs New Zealand semi-final clash at 1987 World Cup.
- Sachin made his Ranji Trophy debut in 1988 when he was 15 for Bombay against Gujarat and scored a century.
- Ever dreamt of Sachin Tendulkar the Pakistan cricketter’s nightmare playing in a Pakistan team? Yes! Sachin before his debut, fielded for the Pakistan team as a substitute during a one-day practice match against India at the Brabourne Stadium in 1988.
- Sachin Tendulkar made his International debut in Test match against Pakistan in Karachi in November 1989, when he was 16 years and 205 days. And, this happens to be most youngest debut in Indian Cricket history till date.
- Sunil Gavaskar had gifted Tendulkar a pair of pads when he was a schoolboy – the same pair of pads he wore on his Test debut four years later against Pakistan, in 1989.
- Sachin’s 1st and Kapil Dev’s 100: Sachin’s debut Test match against Pakistan in 1989 happens to be the Legendary allrounder Kapil Dev’s 100th match in whites for India.
- Sachin Tendulkar, the man of centuries was able to make only 15 runs during his debut match.
- Sachin Tendulkar wasn’t able to celebrate his maiden Test century in Manchester because he was underage.
- Worried about winning? Sachin Tendulkar scored his first ODI century in the 79th match, only after 78 matches.
- Now, Sachin Tendulkar is the first and the only player to score 100 international centuries in world cricket.
- Sachin at the age of 19 became the youngest Indian cricketer to play County Cricket.
- During 1995, Sachin Tendulkar emerged as the richest cricketer in the world when he signed a deal worth Rs 31.5 crore with Tel.
- On 24 May 1995, Tendulkar married Anjali Mehta ,Gujarati origin, whom he had first met in 1990.
- Sachin married Anjali who is elder than him. The age gap between the couple is 6 years.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Anjali have a daughter Sara and a son Arjun.
- Sachin’s son Arjun focusing on hi batting skills in cricket as a teenager have been receiving attention.
- Sachin Tendulkar was gifted a Ferrari by F1 driver Michael Schumacher when he equalled Sir Don Bradman’s record of 29 centuries in Test.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s first car owned was Maruti-800.
- Sachin’s Patriotism: Sachin Tendulkar had the Tricolor pasted inside his kitbag during his career whcih showed his enormous love towards India.
- Sachin’s Nature: Sachin Tendulkar once lent his bat to Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi. The Pakistan all-rounder went on to score the fastest century (now record broken) against Sri Lanka in just 37 balls.
- Stumped! In the whole career of 24 years, bowlers were able to make him stumped only once. During 2002, in a match against England, Ashley Gile of England stumped Sachin.
- Sachin Tendulkar has a commendable bowling skills too. The Little Master, has more five-wicket hauls (2) than the arguably the greatest leg-spinner Shane Warne (1) in ODI cricket.
- Sachin, the ‘Master Blaster’ was the first batsman in the history to break the 200-run barrier in an ODI match when he scored 200 against South Africa in 2010.
- 100 centuries: Sachin Tendulkar is the first and the only player to score 100 international centuries in world cricket.
- Bangladesh’s Magic: Sachin attained this feat against Bangladesh at Mirpur on March 16, 2012, which was coincidently his first ODI ton against them.
- In domestic cricket, Sachin has the record of scoring centuries on debut in Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy, and Duleep Trophy.
- Spell from Zimbabwe: Sachin Tendulkar, scored century against every country he played almost but never scored a century against Zimbabwe.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman to be given out by the third umpire as he was ran-out by Jonty Rhodes in first-ever TV decision.
- Sachin Tendulkar made his first TV appearence with the Johnson & Johnson Band-Aid ad aired in 1989.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first ever Indian cricketer, who is nominated to Rajya Sabha.
- Sachin Tendulkar as a Indian Cricketer represented India in a total of 6 world cups.
- The last one during 2011 under Dhoni’s Captaincy was Sachin’s 6th World Cup representing India and the match that India World Cup after 28 years since 1983’s victory from Kapil Dev’s boys.
- In 2011, after raising the world cup trophy the players got Sachin Tendulkar on their shoulders and marching in the ground. Virat Kohli qouted the moment as, “Sachin carried the burden of Nation for 22 years and its right thing to carry him on the shoulders now!”
- Sachin Tendulkar’s wax statue was erected at London’s Madame Tussads during 2008.
- Sachin in Mumbai Indians: Sachin also imprinted his name in T20 cricket, as he was the highest run-getter in 2010 edition of Indian Premier League where he scored 618 runs in 15 matches.
- When dismissed cheaply, Tendulkar likes to take out his anger somewhere and prefers to be left alone, until he cools down.
- Sachin Tendulkar played his last match on November 16,2013 at the Wankhede stadium, retiring from international cricket.
- In 2012, Sachin Tendulkar was named an Honorary Member of the Order of Australia.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the only cricketer to get Arjuna Award, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, Padma Shri and Padma Vibhushan awards.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first sportsperson to receive the Bharat Ratna Award, which is India’s highest civilian award in the year 2014.
- On the day of his final game on November 16, 2013, the Prime Minister’s Office announced the decision to award him the Bharat Ratna.
- Sachin mother’s first match: Sachin’s last match in Wakhende stadium was the first match of his mother watching it from the stands.
- Like Sachin’s Mother, Sachin’s Wife has never watched Tendulkar bat LIVE but only recordings.
- Sachin has played in 200 Test matches, the highest by any cricketer.
- Sachin Tendulkar achieved the feat of being the first cricketer to complete 10,000 ODI runs in 2010.
- During 2012, the famous Time magazine recognized Sachin Tendulkar as one of the most influential people in the world.
- Sachin was the only cricketer named in Wisden’s all-time Test XI to mark its 150th anniversary in 2013.
- Sachin Tendulkar has played about grand total of 200 Test matches, which is highest to any cricketer.
- Man of the World Cup: Sachin Tendulakr has won the most number of Man of the Match (9) awards in World Cup.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the record of most number (20) of 150+ score in Test cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar also hold the record of being the only player who has 40 wickets and more than 11000 runs in Test cricket.
- Unlucky dismissals: Sachin Tendulkar holds a record in unlucky dismissals too. Sachin has scored and left the pitch for a total of 27 times in 90s: 17 times in ODIs and 10 times in Test cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar is one among the very few Indians to get inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame. He was inducted during 2019.
- In an interview Sachin called West Indies legend Vivian Richards, Pakistani great Imran Khan and India’s maestro great Sunil Gavaskar as his all time favourite Cricketers.
- Best Rivals: Brett Lee (Australia) have dismissed Sachin the most of times with count of 14 times whereas Muthiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka) and Glenn McGrath (Australia) have dismissed Sachin Tendulkar with a count 13 times each.
- Foodie Sachin: Sachin Tendulkar enjoys different types of dishes, such as Keema Parathas, Lassi, Prawn Masala and Japanese foods – especially Sushi and Sashimi.
- Sachin at early ages, used to call ‘Chicken’ as his favourite food.
- Sachin Tendulkar likes as his favourite stroke is ‘straight drive’, the straight driven boundary.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s star sign is Taurus according to astrology.
- Sachin Tendulkar wore jersey No.10 in his whole career for 24 years.
- As a tribute, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to retire the jersey as a tribute to the batting maestro.
- No.10 jersey worn by Sachin Tendulkar during his 24-year long career will never be used by any cricketer for now and ever.
- Sachin as cook: He is a very good cook, and once cooked a brinjal curry for his teammates.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s favorite actress of all time remains Madhuri Dixit.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s favorite actor of all time remains the BIG B of bollywood, Shri Amithab Bachan.
- Sachin also made a special appearance in the Bollywood film “Stumped” in 2003 before “Sachin:A Billion Dreams”.
- Sachin’s favorite singer is the legendary Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar.
- Sachin’s favorite Indian movie is ‘Sholay’.
- And his favorite hollwood movie is ‘Coming to America’.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s favorite restaurant happens to be Bukhara, Maurya Sheraton.
- Sachin’s favorite holiday resort is Yorkshire, Headingley.
- Sachin’s favorite cricket ground is Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Sachin’s favorite hotel is also in Sydney like his favorite ground, ‘The Park Royal Darling Harbour’ in Sydney.
- Sachin Tendulkar follows Hinduism and his idol is Lord Ganesha.
- Sachin considers ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’ as the most important day of the year.
- ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’ being the important, the most memorable day is, India’s victory against Pakistan in the 2003 World Cup.
- Sachin strongly believes that his move to Shardasharam Vidya Mandir in Dadar as ‘the turning point’.
- Sachin Tendulkar is slight superstitious because of whih he always puts on his left paid before his right.
- Sachin Tendulkar is ambidextrous – bats with his right hand but signs autographs and eats or plays table tennis with his left.
- Sachin Tendulkar has been sincerely involved in many activities of philanthropy during his career and also now.
- Tendulkar sponsors 200 underprivileged children every year through a Mumbai-based NGO called Apnalaya.
- Tendulkar started his education career at Sharadshram Vidyamandir High School where he had also started his cricketing career under the mentorship of coach Ramakant Achrekar.
- Sachin Tendulkar education qualification is 10th pass. He did not graduate from any college.
- Sachin have a separate interest towards perfumes and he use to collect them as a hobby.
- Sachin also have a habit of collecting watches,cd’s and listening to music.
- Sachin’s favorite color is Blue.
- Sachin, the Master Blaster got his first bat from his Sister Savita as a gift.
- Apart from Cricket, Sachin loves Tennis, Football and Formula 1.
- Sachin Tendulkar is a passionate car enthusiast, which made him to drove a formula car for the first time 2019 in Prague.
- Read: Why IT hardware and smart phones should be on essential services?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOD OF CRICKET !!