PM Modi To Launch ‘Atal Bridge’, Sabarmati Riverfront FOB
PM Modi will inaugurate Atal Bridge, Riverfront FOB & Smriti Van Earthquake Museum on his 2-days visit in Gujarat. Here are the details of all the projects.
In Ahmedabad, the pedestrian-only Atal Bridge, which bears the name of the late prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, will soon be officially opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The riverfront’s flower garden on the western end and the future arts & culture hub on the eastern end will be connected by a footbridge.
The bridge will be officially opened by PM Modi on the very first day of his 2-days trip to Gujarat.
In a release, it was stated that “this bridge will give connectivity to multi-level parking and diverse public projects on East & West Bank from plaza between Flower Park & Event Ground at West Bank to projected Art / Cultural / Exhibition Center on East Bank.”
What Is Special About The Atal Bridge?
- The 300-meter-long bridge has LED lighting and an attractive appearance.
- The bridge is built so that users can access it from both the lower and higher riverfront walkways or promenades.
- This bridge allows cyclists to cross the Sabarmati River.
- From the center of the water body, visitors will be able to see the riverside.
- 2,600 metric tons of steel pipes were utilized in the construction of the foot overbridge. The railing is composed of glass and stainless steel, while the roof is covered with colorful fabric.
- The bridge, which is distinctive in both its technical and aesthetic design, will raise both the city’s and the riverfront’s status.
Smriti Van Earthquake Museum Inauguration Worth ₹4,400 Crore
During PM Modi’s two-day trip to the state beginning on Saturday, he will also officially open Smriti Van in Bhuj, which honors the spirit of resiliency displayed by people in the wake of the Gujarat earthquake in 2001.
The hi-tech Smriti Van Earthquake Museum is divided into 7 blocks based on seven themes: renewal, rebirth, rediscovery, rebuilding, restoration, relive and rethinking. In Bhuj, Modi will also unveil and dedicate projects worth approximately ₹4,400 crore.