Jacqueline Fernandez Alleged Involvement With A Conman
Last updated on July 25th, 2023 at 11:20 am
The heartthrob of Indian Bollywood, Jacqueline Fernandez is said to have tried to flee the country as she is being investigated for a Rs. 200 crore extortion case involving the imprisonment of conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar, the Enforcement Directorate has informed the Delhi Court.
The ED had earlier opposed Jacqueline Fernandez for regular bail and now the situation stands that she is also being investigated for tampering or destroying of evidence as well.
The case hearing was supposed to again happen on November 10. The actor is said to have tried to delete data from her phone, because of which the normal bail application has been cancelled.
The ED alleged Ms. Fernandez has not been cooperating with the investigators. She wanted to leave India, but could not do so as her name was on the “lookout circular”, or the list of people to be stopped from fleeing the country, the ED said in the court document. When made to sit face-to-face with other accused in the case and presented with evidence, Ms. Fernandez simply refused to cooperate, the ED said, adding she showed behaviour not helpful to the investigation.
Sukesh Chandrashekhar, who is jailed in Delhi, allegedly cheated many people including former Fortis Healthcare promoter Shivinder Mohan Singh’s wife Aditi Singh.
She is being investigated for having hidden her financial association with the conman. It is not new that celebrities of such stature are mercilessly troubled by investigative authorities more severely than others.
The investigators have also said Ms. Fernandez knew about Sukesh Chandrasekhar’s involvement in criminal cases and that he was married, but she chose to overlook them and made financial transactions with him.
Apparently, she and another mid segment actor has received luxury cars as gifts from the conman in the past and both accepted the gifts; something that has not gone in her favour.