Coimbatore Blast Was Planned As ‘Biggest ISIS Attack’ On Hindus: Sources
The accused of the blast in Eeswaran temple have said that they had planned it to harm the Hindu community. They’d surveyed 6 temples to know the most Hindu gathering.
As per the reports, the October 23 Coimbatore bombing, which left a 25-year-old man dead after an explosion in a car close to the well-known Eswaran temple in Ukkadam, was intended to be the “biggest ISIS attack.”
The accused had looked at 6 temples in Coimbatore and planned to target the Hindu community amid a sizable gathering.
They studied every kind of explosive known to man and created some of them using potassium nitrate, sulfur, and detergents.
They had assembled a sizable crew of potential attackers, according to the apprehended suspect, and were also researching the effects of various explosive mixes, according to sources.
If a significant leader or personality was the goal of the plan, the agencies are looking into it.
After explosive materials including potassium nitrate and sulphur were found in the home of Jamesha Mubin, who died in the explosion after being burnt to death, intelligence sources had earlier told CNN-News18 that the incident was a “clear act of terror.”
Additionally, it was made public that Mubin had his connections to a radical network investigated by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in 2019.
According to sources, Mubin left the message “If the news about my death reaches you, forgive my mistakes, cover my shortcomings, participate in Janaasa and pray for me” on the display picture of his mobile phone, which is a sign of a suicide mission.
No one was hurt during the incident, although the asbestos sheet in front of the temple was damaged. Mubin, a junk merchant, was seen filling cylinders on the CCTV clip.
The five suspects who were detained by the Tamil Nadu Police have been subject to the harsh Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act’s provisions.
Chief Minister MK Stalin, who is also the Home portfolio holder, met with top state officials at the Secretariat in Chennai to discuss the state of law and order.
After Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) minister K Annamalai claimed that the explosion was a “clear cut terror act with ISIS links” and that the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) administration had concealed it from the public for more than 12 hours, the situation quickly erupted into a political dispute.