Central Government gives powers to states for deciding zones in lockdown 4.0
Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his speech had also stated that lockdown 4.0 will be different from the past lockdowns and will have new set of rules.
On Sunday, the Central Government extended the coronavirus lockdown for two additional weeks till May 31 with relaxations that are probably going to open the economy with more activities than lockdown 3.0.
Here’s what the lockdown 4.0 is offering the nation:
- The states and union territories are granted the power by the Central Government to decide the red, green, and orange zones keeping the center’s guidelines in mind for the coronavirus pandemic.
- App-based cabs are permitted, but as of now, cab sharing facility won’t be included in it, however, it will be allowed with cab sanitization, customer and driver wearing masks, and social distancing rules.
- Inter-state vehicles and buses will be provided with the mutual consent of states and union territories.
- Private companies will function properly that were earlier authorized to function with a 33% workforce only.
- Similar to lockdown 3.0, hotels, cafés, metro rails, universities and schools, gyms, cinema halls, sports complexes, and shopping malls, will remain shut in lockdown 4.0 too.
- Restaurants are only approved for home delivery service in phase four lockdown.
- In lockdown 4.0, in red zones, non-essential goods, E-commerce activities, salons with a limited appointment, cabs, auto-rickshaws, e-rickshaws are now authorized but with strict social distancing protocols.
- It is important to take note that the above exercises won’t be permitted in containment zones, however, only essential services are permitted by the Home Ministry.
- All religious places will continue to remain shut for people including large gatherings, sports, and political, cultural events in lockdown 4.0.
Article Credit: The Hindustan Times, The Indian Express, The Times Of India, ANI