Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Is Accused Of Taking ₹1.35 Crore From China
HM Amit Shah revealed that Rajiv Gandhi Foundation received ₹1.35 crore (2005-07) from the Chinese embassy and ₹50 lakh from Islamic Foundation. Thus its license was canceled.
After Opposition parties such as Congress and AIMIM raised a row, seeking a response by the government to the clash at Arunachal Pradesh’s Tawang last Wednesday, the Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha sessions of the Parliament were rescheduled.
Amit Shah asked the opposition to address the India-China conflict and the outrage caused by Congress.
The Home Minister responded that India’s permanent seat at the UN Security Council had been sacrificed due to Nehru’s love of China.
He praised the bravery of Indian soldiers. Shah stated, in a dig at the former Congress government, “I want it to be said clearly… Till the BJP government headed by Prime Minister Modi comes into power, no one will capture an inch of land.”
Shah addressed reporters at Parliament House and said that Congress had raised the issue of borders in Parliament to avoid any questions about the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation’s FCRA [Foreign Contribution (Regulations) Act] cancellation.
Amit Shah claimed that the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation received Rs 1.35 crores of money from the Chinese Embassy in 2005-2007.
This was not in compliance with the FCRA and the Home Ministry canceled its registration.
On Tuesday, Rajnath Singh, Defence Minister addressed Parliament about the Tawang border clash between India & China.
He stated that the armed forces acted courageously and no one was seriously hurt in the incident.
Amit Shah, Home Minister, revealed that Rajiv Gandhi Foundation received Rs 1.35 Crore from the Chinese Embassy between 2005-07.
He also claimed that Rajiv Gandhi Trust received Rs 50 lakh from Zakir Naik’s Islamic Research Foundation in 2011. He said that the FCRA license of NGOs was revoked because the grants were in violation of norms.