How To Grace Bappa’s Blessings On Ganpati Visarjan Today?
Today is the day of sacred farewell of Lord Ganesha. Thus, you must know how to unlock the blessings of Him during Ganapati Visarjan rituals.
Ganesh Visarjan is done on Anant Chaturdashi. In Hinduism, before starting any auspicious work, Lord Ganesha is worshiped. It is believed that worshiping Lord Ganesha removes all obstacles in life and calms all planetary influences.
For Ganesh Visarjan, there are auspicious timings. On September 28, the Chaturdashi Tithi (14th day of the lunar month) will continue until 6 PM.
It is considered best to perform Ganesh Visarjan before this time. The auspicious timings for Visarjan are from 6:30 AM to 8 AM, then from 9:30 AM to 11 AM, and finally from 3:31 PM to 5:01 PM.
Here is the procedure for Ganesh Visarjan:
- Perform a proper worship of Lord Ganesha before the immersion.
- Offer fruits and modak (laddu) to Lord Ganesha. Conclude with an Aarti (ritual prayer).
- Place Lord Ganesha’s idol on a platform and decorate it with flowers, fruits, clothes, and modak.
- Prepare a small bag or pouch containing rice, wheat, and a few coins. Keep this pouch near Lord Ganesha’s idol.
- After the Aarti, pray to Lord Ganesha to end all sorrows and sins.
- Afterward, move the Ganesha idol from its designated place to another location. Then, with joy and celebration, bid farewell to Lord Ganpati with dhol and music.
- Take Lord Ganesha’s idol to a water body for immersion, and while doing so, express your wishes and prayers.
- Chant the mantra: ॐ गच्छ गच्छ सुरश्रेष्ठ, स्वस्थाने परमेश्वर। यत्र ब्रह्मादयो देवाः, तत्र गच्छ हुताशन।
(Om Gachchha Gachchha Surashreshtha, Swasthane Parameshvara. Yatra Brahmaadayo Devah, Tatra Gachchha Hutashana.)
- If you have a small Ganesha idol, you can immerse it by filling a bucket or tub with water at home. Later, place the water and the idol’s clay near a peepal tree. For larger Ganesha idols, immerse them at the banks of a pond or river.
May Lord Ganesha bring happiness, peace, and prosperity into your lives. We pray to Him on your behalf to keep His blessings upon you and your entire family.
Today, we are bidding Him farewell, but He will always remain in our hearts and home. Next year, He may grace our home again on Ganesh Chaturthi and bestow His blessings.