Bank Holidays September 2022: Banks To Remain Closed For 14 Days
If you have any banking work, get it done on time. Because in the upcoming month September 2022, banks will remain closed for a total of 14 days.
Bank Holidays September 2022: Banks will be closed for a total of 8 days, per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) calendar of holidays.
Regular holidays like the 2nd and 4th Saturdays and Sundays are not included in these holidays.
The Reserve Bank of India recognises a wide variety of holidays for financial institutions, some of which vary by state and bank.
All 8 holidays are regional holidays, just like this August month. Additionally, internet banking services are still available on days when these banking firms are not operational.
List of Bank Holidays In September 2022 For Festivals
- 1st September: Ganesh Chaturthi 2nd day (Panaji)
- 6th September: Karma Puja (Ranchi)
- 7th September: First Onam (Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram)
- 8th September: Thiruvonam (Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram)
- 9th September: Indrajatra (Gangtok)
- 10th September: Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi (Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram)
- 21st September: Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day (Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram)
- 26th September: Navratri Sthapna/Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi (Jaipur, Imphal)
List of Bank Holidays In September 2022 For Weekend Leaves
- 4th September: First Sunday
- 10th September: Second Saturday
- 11th September: Second Sunday
- 18th September: Third Sunday
- 24th September: Fourth Saturday
- 25th September: Fourth Sunday
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has divided the holidays into three categories: Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday, Holiday Under Negotiable Instruments Act, and Banks’ Closing of Accounts.