Startup Registration India: Follow These Steps To Register Your Startup
Startups have become popular in India in recent years. The government of India under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started the Startup India initiative to support entrepreneurs. Follow simple steps to register your Startup with Startup India.
Steps to register your Startup with Startup India
Step 1: Incorporate your business
The first step for registering your startup with Startup India is to incorporate your business as a Private Limited Company or a Limited Liability Partnership or a Partnership firm. You need to submit the registration application and obtain the Certificate of Incorporation/Partnership registration.
How to submit the registration application?
- You can file the registration application to the Registrar of Companies (ROC) of your region.
- You just need to submit documents and fees to the ROC.
Step 2: Register under Startup India
The next step is to register your company as a startup in the Startup India scheme of the government.
- Visit the Startup India website and fill in all the details.
- Then click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Now, your Startup India profile will be created.
- Now, you can apply for various acceleration and mentorship programmes.
Step 3: Get DPIIT Recognition
The third step is to avail the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Recognition.
- For getting DPIIT Recognition, log in with your registered profile (account) credentials on the Startup India website again.
- Click on the ‘DPIIT Recognition for Startups’ button under the ‘Schemes and Policies’ tab on the website.
- Click on the ‘Get Regonised’ button
- Then click on the ‘Click here for submitting your application for recognition as a Startup’ button.
Step 4: Recognition Application
Now, you need to fill in the details on the ‘Startup Recognition Form’.
- Click on the plus sign on the right-hand side of the form and enter details in each section of the form.
- Then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 5: Documents for Registration
- Incorporation/Registration Certificate of your startup
- PAN Number
- Proof of funding
- A letter from any of the Incubators, recognised by the Government of India, in DIPP format.
Step 6: Recognition Number
After completion of all the steps, you will get a recognition number for your startup. It is usually done within 2 days after submitting the details online.
However, You need to be careful while uploading the data because any discrepancy can cause you a huge fine of up to 50% of your paid-up capital or a Rs 25,000 fine at the very least.
Follow these steps and you can easily register on the Startup Registration India portal. We would like to know your opinion about the benefits of Startup in India.