Koo Introduces New Features For A Safer Social Media Experience
Koo has introduced new capabilities to provide users with a safer social networking experience. This is an important step in achieving the stated goal.
The social media site announced the move on Thursday, saying: “In order to give users with a healthy community and meaningful connection, Koo has identified few areas which have a high impact on user safety, that is, child sexual abuse materials and nudity, toxic remarks and hate speech, misinformation and disinformation, and impersonation, and is trying to aggressively reduce their occurrence on the platform.”
Also Read:- Koo To Become World’s 2nd Largest Micro-Blogging Platform
What new features has Koo announced?
1. No Nudity Algorithm, claims Koo, will immediately and proactively identify and prevent any attempt to submit a picture or a video that contains nudity or sexual content.
Less than 5 seconds will be needed to complete the detection and blocking processes.
2. MisRep Algorithm: This tool searches the site for accounts that pretend to be well-known figures and blocks them.
The imitating profile’s images and videos of the personalities are instantly deleted, and it is noted for future bad behavior monitoring.
3. Misinformation and Disinformation Algorithm: This option actively and in-the-moment monitors all published and viral fake news based on both public and private sources in order to identify and categorize misinformation and disinformation on a post.
Also Read:- Twitter Users Switch To Rival Platforms – Koo & Mastodon
4. Sexually explicit material: Users who publish sexually explicit material will be instantly barred from doing so in the future.
These accounts will stop being “visible” to other users, won’t appear in trending topics, and won’t have the ability to interact with other users.
5. Harmful remarks and hate speech will be quickly concealed or removed after being actively identified.
Users will receive a warning before viewing any graphics or photos with extreme blood or gore.
Also Read:- OpenAI Introduces A New ChatGPT Plugin Feature