10 Best Quotes For World Food Safety Day 2022
The World Food Safety Day, celebrated on 7th June every year, reaches its fourth edition this year, gaining more and more relevance worldwide.
Its main objective is to draw attention and inspire actions to help prevent, detect and manage foodborne risks, contributing to food security, human health, economic prosperity, agriculture, market access, tourism and sustainable development.
This year’s theme is “ Safe Food, Better Health ”. Access to safe food is essential for the health and well-being of people, animals and the environment.
We can only fully benefit from food’s nutritious content as well as the intellectual and social advantages of having a safe meal.
From farms to our food plate, we all have a part to play in ensuring that the food we consume is safe and does not compromise our health.
Safe food is essential to promoting the health and well-being of consumers and ending hunger, two of the main 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
“Food safety, everyone’s business” is the slogan for World Food Safety Day and calls for everyone to play a role in keeping food safe throughout the supply chain , from production to table.
The benefits and advantages of food safety applied in the workplace, at home, in nurseries and schools and in markets.
Food safety is the absence of hazards in food that can harm the health of consumers. Foodborne hazards can be microbiological, chemical, or physical in nature and are often invisible to the naked eye; bacteria, viruses or pesticide residues are some examples.
In addition, it plays a fundamental role in ensuring food safety at each stage of the food chain: from production to harvest, in processing, storage and distribution.
Nearly three million people worldwide, in both developed and developing countries, die each year from food and waterborne diseases, and millions of people fall ill. Food is the starting point for energy, health and well-being.
They are often taken for granted that they are harmless, but in an increasingly complex and interconnected world where food value chains are getting longer, standards and regulations become vital to ensure our safety.
1. “Food safety involves everybody in the food chain.”
– Mike Johanns
2. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.”
– Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
3. You’re what you eat. So don’t be fast, easy or fake.
– Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
4. “Good food ends with a good talk.”
– Geoffrey Neighbor
5. “There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
– Mohandas K. Gandhi
6. “I am a better person when I have less on my plate.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
7. “Civilization, as it is known today, could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an adequate food supply.”
– Norman Borlaug
8. “Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food.”
9. “Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food.”
10. “Sorry, there’s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthily and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.”
– Morgan Spurlock