India’s Lockdown 2.0 was supposed to end by yesterday(May 3,2020) but it didn’t. The nation today woke up to the first day of Lockdown 3.0 which was pronounced by Indian Ministry of Home Affairs(MoHA) on Friday(May 1,2020). Lockdown 3.0 will continue till May 17.
Lockdown 3.0 is unlike from previous lockdowns, even in the way of announcement. The first two lockdowns of India were announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi via Twitter live whereas, Lockdown 3.0 was announced by Indian Ministry of Home Affairs. The first lockdown was announced by PM Narendra Modi on March 24 and the second on April 14. But, Lockdown 3.0 was publicized by an official statement from MoHA on the dusk of May 1,2020.
Unlike the previous lockdowns, Lockdown 3.0’s guidelines were different and widely accepted easily around the Nation. This was certainly because of the proper division and relaxations revised from the side of Government and people received the ideologies right.
Based on the speed rate of the virus spreading in the district and the number of positive cases doubled, the Indian Government have divided and marked the entire districts into three zones namely Red zone, Orange zone and Green zone.
- Red zone- High number of cases, the cases doubled at high speed
- Orange zone- Fewer cases and no-new cases in last 14 days.
- Green zone- No new cases in the last 21 days.
People from every part of the Nation have understood that, Lockdown 3.0 have came up with wide relaxations. But we must be aware of the relaxations and the do’s and don’ts prescribed by Indian Government for Lockdown 3.0.
However, the evaluation of a zone occur every 7 days and the zone can be changed anytime based on the results the districts showcase in the Covid-19 positive cases.
- Liquor shops have been allowed to reopen from today in all Red, Orange and Green Zones, but with a set of guidelines. Liquor shops that are not located inside markets and malls are the only ones that will be allowed to reopen. These are standalone liquor shops. These shops have also been asked to follow certain guidelines of social distancing to prevent spread of coronavirus.
- Air, rail and road travel will be allowed only for special purposed and with permission from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Indian Railways has issued a clarification saying that special trains being run during the lockdown period is only for those being brought and facilitated by state governments only.
- Non-essential items can be now purchased by e-commerce companies such as Amazon and Flipkart. This has been allowed in the Green and Orange Zones in the country. But, these relaxations do not apply for the Red Zones.
- Additionally, the barber shops, spas and salons will be allowed to reopen in the Green and Orange zones from today across the country.
Experts, also hints that, this is the first phase of Lockdown 3.0 and there are will be second phase which may extend up to June 1, 2020 which will be announced by PM Modi after two Sundays in May 2020.
Since, there were so many restrictions before, people from various orange zone and green zone have started using the relaxations essential from the dawn of May 4, 2020.
The duo was arrested in southern Tamil Nadu for violating lockdown restrictions and later …